Helping Travelers Dream Big in California
For 5 years, DCI has developed and implemented our earned media strategy in North America, creating innovative marketing communication campaigns that breakthrough the marketplace clutter and influence consumer purchasing decisions.
California is known for celebrities, laid-back lifestyle and spectacular food and wine. Yet while visitors flock to its major cities, dispersal was limited to rural areas of the state.
The DCI Strategy
Visit California tapped DCI who positioned the state’s cosmopolitan appeals as gateways to less visited experiences state-wide, showing consumers how to live out their vacation dreams in California through photos, video and the written word.
- A broadcast take-over showcased California on all national morning shows throughout the US and Canada including Breakfast Television, Good Morning America, and Today.
- Stories appeared in all 20 top newspapers in Canada and the US and all national travel magazines – including the Globe & Mail, New York Times, National Geographic Traveler and Travel + Leisure, garnering 1 Billion consumer impressions in 5 years.
- California Restaurant Month was launched, increasing web hits 12.5% and arrivals 18% in year one.
- A digital integration with Nokia reached more than 30 Million consumers.
- Visitor spending grew 20% between 2009 and 2014.