Australia Reboots Trade Marketing In Canada
Visitor arrivals from Canada to Australia increased 10%, generating a CA$3.2 million increase in incremental revenue.
With arrival numbers from the Canadian market to Australia stagnant, Tourism Australia needed to stimulate growth to meet its strategic goal of doubling global tourism arrivals by the year 2020.
The DCI Strategy
Analyze Tourism Australia’s trade marketing approach in comparison to its competition. Then create and launch a proactive sales program designed to increased wholesale/tour operator distribution and convert sales through the retail chain of traditional and online travel agents.
- Redesigned the Aussie Connections newsletter, increasing the average open rate to more than 30 per cent.
- Delivered 10 interactive webinars annually, training nearly 1,000 Canadian travel trade agents on how to sell Australia.
- Conducted 40 meetings with key partners, securing 10 new itineraries to Australia.
- Implemented nine cooperative marketing campaigns with key partners such as Air Canada Vacations, Contiki Travel, G Adventure and Goway.
- Visitor arrivals from Canada to Australia increased 10%, generating a CA$3.2 million increase in incremental revenue.