The State of Site Selection 2020
First Edition. View for the 2022 edition for the latest information.
DCI Partners with Site Selectors Guild on “State of Site Selection” Report
Product Description: Hard Copy, 44 Pages, Color Design with Charts and Graphs, Appendix
1-4 Copies $50/copy
5-9 Copies $40/copy
10-24 Copies $35/copy
25+ Copies $30/copy
Development Counsellors International has partnered with the Site Selectors Guild – the only association of the world’s foremost professional site selection consultants – to release the State of Site Selection. This first of its kind report uncovers the top trends impacting corporate location decisions in the U.S. and globally. Through our in-depth surveys of the Guild’s 51 members and interviews with a sampling of corporate executives who have made recent location decisions, five key trends rose to the top:
- The Workforce Effect: As Labor Markets Tighten, Consultants Dig Deeper for Hidden Talent
- The Trump Effect: Trade Wars and Tariffs Generate Uncertainty (“And Our Clients Hate Uncertainty”)
- The Next Day Effect: Customer Delivery Expectations Drive Growth of Distribution Projects
- The Public Scrutiny Effect: Incentives Under the Microscope
- The Technology Effect: Automation Drives Dispersal and Demand for Talent
Through the themes outlined in this report, our goal is to help prepare and educate economic development organizations on how to best respond and react to these changes. The “State of Site Selection” is both a look in the rearview mirror as well as a look to the road ahead to help navigate a climate of unprecedented challenges and opportunities.
Please note this product is available in hard copy only. Printed copies will be mailed to the shipping address provided.