Visit Huntington Beach
Surf City USA lived up to its name by breaking two surfing Guinness World Records – and DCI brought the story to life with an aggressive earned media campaign.
This event celebrated Huntington Beach’s iconic surf heritage, and DCI knew exactly how to tell this story! We are thrilled with the caliber of this campaign and the resulting coverage.
- Secured 554 million+ media impressions via 1,983 broadcast, print and online placements, including Associated Press, Sports Illustrated, TIME, Wall Street Journal, Good Morning America, ESPN Sports Center, The Tonight Show and 1,000+ local ABC and FOX affiliates nationwide.
- Generated 800+ #BigBoardHB posts on Facebook and Instagram and 1 million+ impressions through hashtag and owned channels.
- SurfCityUSA.com set a site record, increasing traffic 54% during the five weeks post-event – up 52% from the same period the prior year.
- Increased overnight visitation by 10% from the same month the prior year, with all three major resorts selling out event weekend.
- Won the 2016 HSMAI “Best of Show” Adrian Award in Public Relations, the highest honor bestowed by the organization
554+ M media impressions
1M online impressions
54% increase in website traffic
2016 HSMAI “Best in Show” Adrian Awards