Creating “NC Beer Month”
DCI’s work on “NC Beer Month” has proven to us that price point promotions that are rooted in strategy truly work to boost visitor awareness and arrivals!”
Leverage existing North Carolina tourism experiences to boost visitor travel and spending statewide during spring, a month with traditionally low occupancy.
The DCI Strategy
Created North Carolina Beer Month and secured 20 DMO and 30+ brewery partners to participate in the inaugural year. Special packages, beer pairings with commemorative glasses, beer-themed travel itineraries, beer story angles and social media giveaways drove buzz.
- Generated 602 media placements, garnering 254,085,205 consumer media impressions.
- More than 21,418 unique visitors headed to www.ncbeermonth.com, #NCBeerMonth was included 21,892 times in social media postings and 180 photos were uploaded to Instagram.
- 22,627 badges were unlocked on Untappd resulting 8,000+ social posts reaching 2.5 million beer enthusiasts.
- Hotel occupancy increased 3.8% statewide, nearly 2% better year than competitive South Atlantic states. ADR increased 3.8%, 1% better than competitive South Atlantic states. (year over year)
- Room demand rose 5% statewide, twice the growth of competitive South Atlantic states.