2017 IEDC Annual Conference
Sunday, September 17 - Wednesday, September 20, 2017
We hope to see you in Toronto at the IEDC annual conference! If you are planning to attend, our team of economic development marketers would love to talk to you about trends in websites, branding and “best practices” in place marketing. Below are just a couple of places in which you can find us.
Corporate America Speaks: Winning Strategies in ED Marketing | Monday, Sept. 18 at 10:30 AM
Join DCI’s Senior Vice President, Dariel Curren, and Director of Research, Robyn Domber for a session on the newly released “Winning Strategies” survey. The talk will release the latest findings in effective place marketing strategies in economic development. This will be the first event these results will be shared at, so be sure not to miss it.
What you’ll learn:
• Best practices in economic development marketing, including most important website features
• Corporate executive positions/titles most likely to lead the site selection process
• Top states and countries for business, along with best economic development groups
ED Talks | Monday, Sept. 18 at 4:00 PM
DCI’s President, Andy Levine, will be the master of ceremonies for this year’s Ted Talk styled event, geared to spread innovative ideas and best practices in the economic development world. Keynote speakers share their insights on the future of ED.
Speakers & Topics
Bryan Buggey | If Vancouver is an “Island of Green”, Then We Are in Big Trouble
Ashley Cangelosi Llewellyn M.S. | Find the Doers: Expanding Workforce Capacity Through Coalition
Christopher Lloyd | Winning the War Against Economic Development and Incentives
Brent Willet, CEcD | The Spoon That Stirs the Coffee: Today’s geopolitical convulsion is a bigger global shift than 9/11. Economic development must reinvent itself or wither away.
The Young and the Restless in Economic Development | Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 2:15 PM
DCI’s Julie Curtin will moderate a panel on the young professionals breaking ground in economic development. The session will highlight how they can hone their management skills and lead a successful career in ED.
What you’ll learn:
• Possible changes and challenges the industry may face as new leadership takes the reins
• Career advise and guidance for young leaders in economic development
• How to manage a millennial workforce at your EDO
• Cecilia Harry, CEcD, President and CEO, ENVISION Fond du Lac, Inc., Fond Du Lac, WI
• Jenna Sudds, President & Executive Director, Kanata North Business Association, Ottawa, ON, Canada
• Ben Teague, EDFP, Executive Director, Economic Development Coalition for Asheville-Buncombe County, Asheville, NC
DCI’s Fun Run/Walk | Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 7:00 AM
Join DCI and your peers for an early morning 3-mile or 6-mile run/walk. The first 50 participants will receive a limited edition sport-tech t-shirt! Sign-up at the DCI booth on Monday and meet us in the Sheraton Toronto Centre Hotel lobby on Tuesday morning for the run.
Date: Tuesday, September 19
Time: 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM
Where: Sheraton Toronto Centre Hotel lobby
Air Hockey Throwdown
NHL season opener is right around the corner and DCI wants to make sure you’re ready! Swing by the DCI booth and show us your arcade skills.
For more information about the IEDC 2017 Annual Conference, see the full agenda and registration information here.