About Hannah Khan
Hannah is a Washington, D.C., native whose passion for places brought her to New York City to pursue her interest in the travel industry. At DCI, she pairs her love of social media, content creation and all things digital with her marketing and travel experience.
Hannah is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and a minor in business.
Hannah’s Passion for Places
Hannah firmly believes that wealth is measured in experiences. This belief has taken her to Mexico City, London, Shanghai and everywhere in between. Coming from a Pakistani, Burmese and American background, Hannah considers herself a global citizen with an innate thirst for learning about the world. Her curiosity and wanderlust have taken her to well over 30 countries (and counting) and inspired her to learn three other languages (and counting), as well as honing her appreciation of diversity.
- Since joining DCI, Hannah has engaged with more than 100 digital influencers on behalf of her travel destination clients, fostering relationships with key content creators across the travel, lifestyle, adventure, family and luxury segments. Hannah has helped develop DCI’s digital database of more than 30,000 bloggers, ensuring that files are updated with media kits and notations about each influencer.
- Hannah has secured partnerships with seven top-tier digital influencers for the Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau, resulting in 100 pieces of unique digital content, which gained an estimated 28.5 million potential social media impressions.
- Hannah has managed content creation and led engagement for numerous family travel, culinary and adventure Twitter chats for the Jamestown Yorktown Foundation, U.S. Travel Association and Visit California, garnering at least 4 million potential impressions per activation.
In addition to being a travel enthusiast, Hannah is a blogger who writes advocacy pieces for millennials, women and minorities. An avid foodie who loves to cook as much as she loves to eat, she’s always trying new recipes and obsessing over ingredients.
Where You’ll Find Hannah on the Weekend
If she’s not catching a flight to somewhere new, Hannah can be found exploring one of New York’s restaurants, museums or rooftops. She is always on the lookout for the latest exhibits, as well as any opportunity to get out of her comfort zone. In summer her idea of a day well spent is a sunny day in a hammock on the beach.
Places Hannah Has Called ‘Home’
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Richmond, Virginia
- Washington, D.C.
- Brussels, Belgium
- New York, New York
Surprising Facts About Hannah
Subway Star: Hannah has a collection of metro passes, from cities such as New York, Washington, Chicago, Sydney, London, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon and more!
Literate Linguist: Hannah can conversationally speak Urdu, Hindi and Spanish, and she is currently learning French and Arabic.
Fashion Fanatic: Hannah closely follows international fashion trends, and looks for any opportunity to attend shows and capture street style.
Recent Blog Posts
- National Plan For Vacation Day: How DCI Spent Our Paid-Time Off in 2018
- 5 Ways DMOs Can Use IGTV, Instagram’s Long-Form Video Feature
- Celebrating Digital Innovation: The Future of Travel on World Tourism Day 2018
- 6 Tips for Using User-Generated Content to Market Your Destination
- How To Work With Digital Influencers: YouTuber, Erik Conover
- 8 Tactics to Strengthen Your Destination’s Influencer Strategy
- How To Work With Digital Influencers: Caroline and Craig, Y Travel
- How To Work With Digital Influencers: Jessica Hirsch, Cheat Day Eats
- The 7 Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Twitter Chats
- 5 Reasons Why DMOs Should Care About Sustainable Tourism
- More blog posts