About Hannah Khan
Hannah is a Washington, D.C., native whose passion for places brought her to New York City to pursue her interest in the travel industry. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and a minor in business, Hannah is always planning her next adventure, as well as her next professional endeavor. At DCI, she pairs her love of social media, content creation and all things digital with her marketing and travel experience.
Hannah’s Passion for Places
Hannah firmly believes that wealth is measured in experiences. This belief has taken her to Mexico City, London, Karachi and everywhere in between. Coming from a Pakistani, Burmese and American background, Hannah considers herself a global citizen with an innate thirst for learning about the world. Her curiosity and wanderlust have taken her to well over 20 countries (and counting) and inspired her to learn three languages (and counting), as well as honing her appreciation of diversity.
- Hannah’s freelance writing has been featured in a variety of publications, including Elite Daily, Huffington Post, Her Campus, Trip101 and more, collectively earning more than one million views.
- While managing the social media accounts for Travelers’ Voice, Hannah was able to consistently increase social media engagements over three consecutive months.
- Hannah has helped a variety of hospitality clients reach unprecedented social media growth, including the Shelborne Hotel South Beach, AirBnB’s #OneLessStranger campaign, The Killarney View House and more.
In addition to being a travel enthusiast, Hannah is a blogger who writes advocacy pieces for millennials, women and minorities. An avid foodie who loves to cook as much as she loves to eat, she’s always trying new recipes and obsessing over ingredients.
Where You’ll Find Hannah on the Weekend
If she’s not catching a flight to somewhere new, Hannah can be found exploring one of New York’s restaurants, museums or rooftops. She is always on the lookout for the latest exhibits, as well as any opportunity to get out of her comfort zone. In summer her idea of a day well spent is a sunny day in a hammock on the beach.
Places Hannah Has Called Home
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Richmond, Virginia
- Washington, D.C.
- New York, New York
Surprising Facts About Hannah
Subway Star: Hannah has a framed collection of metro passes, from cities such as New York, Washington, Chicago, Toronto, London, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon and more!
Literate Linguist: Hannah can conversationally speak Urdu, Hindi and Spanish, and she is currently learning French and Arabic.
Fashion Fanatic: Hannah closely follows international fashion trends, and looks for any opportunity to attend shows and capture street style.
Recent Blog Posts
- The 7 Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Twitter Chats
- 5 Reasons Why DMOs Should Care About Sustainable Tourism
- How To Work With Digital Influencers: Kate McCulley, Adventurous Kate
- 7 Ways Placemakers Can Donate To Those Affected By Hurricane Harvey
- Happy 10th Birthday Hashtag, Love #Tourism and #EconDev
- How to Work with Digital Influencers Series: Stephanie Be from Travel Break
- From Intern to Vice President: Q and A with DCI’s Newest Vice President of Lead Generation, Steve Duncan
- Top 5 Trends in Incentive Travel: A Chat with Michael Rego, Vice President Sales at Elevate Incentives, Meetings and Events
- DCI Toronto Moves To Exchange Tower