International Tourism Marketing: Launching a Middle Eastern Marvel
With war stories in the Middle East capturing news headlines, DCI was tasked with positioning Dubai as a travel and business destination in the minds of discerning North Americans.
DCI positioned Dubai as the gateway to the Middle East, offering an Arabian welcome to historic culture and modern infrastructure. Brand marketing set the stage, while wholesale and retail sales campaigns and a meetings/incentives sales efforts drove arrivals.
- DCI’s public relations campaign garnered 450+ media placements, reaching 1.1 billion consumers and garnered more than $115 million in editorial coverage in 4 years.
- In one year, 2,200 reservations staff and travel agents were trained on how to sell Dubai.
- In 8 years, DCI generated more than 285 RFPs for meetings business, securing business that brought in more than 27,000 delegates to Dubai and is worth $82,764,816 in economic impact.
- In eleven years, North American tour operator agreements to sell Dubai increased from 14 tour operators to 101.
- In 6 years, visitor arrivals from North American grew 15% to more than 500,000 visitors.