Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm, is looking to hire an Account Executive to join our Tourism Practice in Toronto, Ontario.
Do you have a passion for the tourism and travel industry? Passionate about public speaking? Love the thrill of the sales hunt? Up for the challenge of achieving results for one of the top tourism destinations in the world? Then this position is for you!
The Travel Trade Executive position will work on the state tourism office of California, reporting into the Visit California account manager and working closely with the account team. The ideal candidate for this position should be an enthusiastic professional who is eager to dive into the tourism industry.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop professional relationships with tour operators, travel agents, and industry partners in Canada
- Conduct sales calls and in-person and online webinar trainings with tour operates and travel agents
- Organize attendance at travel trade shows and provide follow up reports
- Assist with planning and escorting education/familiarization trips to California with the travel trade
- Create presentations and deliver to the client and key travel trade
- Assist with planning events, working on venue sourcing, décor and vendor relations
- Travel an average of one week per month
Experience and Qualifications: Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of work experience, preferably within an agency or can demonstrate experience working on multiple projects at once.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in Canada
- A demonstrated passion for the travel and tourism industry
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable with public speaking as delivering presentations and trainings are a critical part of the position
- Have a knack for the details and doesn’t get frustrated by the minutiae.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimum supervision and with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and capable of quickly learning new computer software and technology
- G driver’s license and driving required
- Personal knowledge of California a plus
- Fluency in Canadian French is a plus but not required
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Generous vacation/PTO time
- Medical/dental coverage
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “Toronto Travel Trade” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected].