Development Counsellors International (DCI), a travel PR firm, is looking to hire a Public Relations Account Executive to join our “place marketing” regional office, located in a co-working space in West Hollywood. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
Job Description: Account Executive will lead media relations initiatives for west coast travel destinations. If you love pitching, have an eye for detail and are passionate about travel then this PR job is for you. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, agency experience and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
In this tight-knit and growing regional office, you will learn quickly and have room for professional growth. An ideal candidate will bring the following to the team:
- Strong, creative, AP-style writing an absolute must
- Established lifestyle and travel media contacts in the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to pitch stories over the phone or over email
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and with a small team
- Impeccable organization; Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to juggle the needs of multiple clients
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Driver’s license required
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Candidates fluent in Spanish (spoken and written) should call this out in their cover letter
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Opportunities for professional advancement
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- Fun quarterly team bonding activities (in the past we’ve done aerial yoga, wine & paint, escape rooms, and even paddle boarding!) and monthly networking events within our co-working space.
To Apply: Place “WeHo AE” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected]