Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm, is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to join our “place marketing” headquarters in New York City. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
We’re looking for a creative/results-oriented Senior Project Manager to join our digital team. Digital Project Managers are strategic problem-solvers who work diligently in strategizing and achieving our client’s goals.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will manage a range of website products and are accountable for successful project delivery. This is your opportunity to work with a talented team to lead and drive innovative digital experiences for our clients.
Key responsibilities include acting as a communications hub between the agency and client team members from inception of the project (e.g. CMS and web development, digital transformation strategy, technology) through the final execution and testing phase. You will interface heavily with senior technical, marketing, and executive management within the client account to assure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer business requirements. You will create, build, implement and lead processes and projects under the ever-changing demands of agency life.
You will report directly to the VP of Digital Operations and Strategy and manage a team of contractors and internal staff on DCI’s process for website design and development. In addition, you will collaborate closely with DCI’s digital experiences team to ensure that we are continually innovating and developing new products for our industries.
As a firm that specializes in attracting visitors, businesses and a talented workforce to communities around the world, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for places and a keen understanding of what motivates a tourist, business executive or employee to pick a destination. The Senior Project Manager will have 6 to 8 years of experience, preferably in the tourism/travel marketing industry.
Client digital programs include: Greater New Orleans Inc, City of Carlsbad Life in Action® Campaign, Temple (TX), Pennsylvania, and Wake County Economic Development.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage all processes and governance for economic development and tourism clients to include but not limited to: strategy, client feedback, QA, testing, tagging, compliance, brand guidelines adherence, CMS and other technology management, SEO requirements, testing governance, site search, etc.
- Work with design, development, content strategy, marketing analytics, SEO, creative services team members and various stakeholders to develop short-term and long-term requirements, CMS requirements and key functionality to help meet business goals and objectives.
- Develop strategic recommendations on the roadmap for website needs/site enhancements, after analyzing client’s and competitors’ websites and performance based on industry benchmarks. After launch provide analytics to showcase improved customer experience and increased site conversion.
- Plan and coordinate all activities associated with the architecture and technical infrastructure with internal and external development teams as required
- Attend and facilitate (as appropriate) all status meetings, client meetings and client calls.
- Monitor both client and agency budgets, including oversight of campaign costs.
- Work with the VP of Digital Operations and Strategy to drive scalable web production processes and workflows that achieve operational efficiency, productivity and effectiveness
- Collaborate with teams across the agency to provide insights, industry’s best practices, digital knowledge and understanding of platform capabilities to keep DCI’s approach to website development above industry standards.
- Knowledge Sponge: You thrive in an environment that requires constant learning and innovation. You have in-depth knowledge of website performance and how to optimize landing pages to drive conversions, follow industry trends and bring insights and learnings to the team.
- Share Your Talents: As the Senior Project Manager, you will be required to collaborate with creative teams, including designers and copywriters, to develop exceptional UX for our clients.
- Embrace a Passion for Places: We have the coolest gig, marketing places to attract visitors, businesses and a talented workforce. You are excited about the possibility of melding your passion for places and your knowledge of digital marketing to help create an impact for communities and their economies.
- Keep Promises: Whether it is to your clients or colleagues, being a responsive and dependable team player is critical to your success.
- 6-8 years of experience including 2+ years of management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Strong presentation skills
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Knowledge of how to analyze websites for optimization and conversion
- Travel industry experience or knowledge a plus
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML-coding and WordPress environments
- Experience collaborating effectively internally and externally as part of an integrated team
- Works well under pressure and is capable of remaining focused despite rapidly changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- BA/BS degree
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- Work from home one day a week
- Paid time off to “do good” as part of DCI Cares
- 401k match
Place “Senior Project Manager” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected].