Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Content & Social Media to join our “place marketing” agency in New York City. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
We’re currently restructuring the content marketing team to ensure that teams are managing workflow in a consistent manner across the agency. In this new role the senior manager will bring efficiency and creativity to our teams. This person will work directly with the VP of Digital Operations and Strategy to manage/mentor the team of content specialists for DCI while providing inspiration to the rest of the agency as it relates to content marketing.
As a firm that specializes in attracting visitors, businesses and a talented workforce, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for places and a keen understanding of what motivates a tourist, business executive or employee to pick a destination. The senior manager, content & social media, will have 6 to 8 years, and preferably experience in the tourism/travel marketing industry.
Client content marketing programs include a mix of b2b and b2c including: Invest in Holland, Texas Economic Development Corporation, City of Carlsbad Life in Action® Campaign, Visit Oakland, Visit California, Film Baton Rouge, Tourism Authority of Thailand, to name a few.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Oversee and elevate the content marketing efforts of DCI team, writing strategy and creative decks and timelines, and bringing innovation to current efforts and beyond.
- Oversee all requests as it relates to content marketing for DCI and manage the team’s workflow to increase efficiency. Work with the VP of Digital Operations and Strategy on staffing to ensure the best team is put forward.
- Constantly analyze client’s and competitors content marketing efforts to set strategies for clients moving forward.
- Manage the b2c and b2b content and social media tracks and programs including influencer work, blog writing, e-mail marketing, social media management and other digital programs.
- Attend and facilitate (as appropriate) all status meetings, client meetings and client calls.
- Monitor both client and agency budgets, including oversight of campaign costs.
- Review and recommend tools and workflows to increase efficiency for the team.
- Collaborate with teams across the agency to provide insights, industry’s best practices, digital knowledge and understanding of platforms capabilities to keep the digital content marketing strategy always up to date.
- Knowledge Sponge: You thrive in an environment that requires constant learning and innovation: You have in in-depth knowledge of today’s content marketing strategies, understand social media platforms and changing algorithms, follow industry trends and bring insights and learnings to the team.
- Share Your Talents: As the senior manager, content & social you will be required to collaborate work with creative teams, including designers and copy writers, to develop exceptional content for our clients customized for content marketing efforts.
- Embrace a Passion for Places: We have the coolest gig, marketing places to attract visitors, businesses and a talented workforce. You are excited about the possibility of melding your passion for places and your knowledge of digital marketing to help create an impact for communities and their economies.
- Keep Promises: Whether it is to your clients or colleagues being a responsive and dependable teamplayer is critical to your success.
- 6-8 years of experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the latest in social-media, content-creation and digital marketing practices
- Travel industry experience or knowledge a plus
- Very high attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms and content management tools
- Understanding of HTML-coding and WordPress environments
- Experience collaborating effectively internally and externally as part of an integrated team
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- 401k match
Place “Senior Manager” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected].