Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm, is looking to hire a sales-minded Account Manager to join our Tourism Practice in Los Angeles.
Love the travel industry? Passionate about public speaking? Love the thrill of the sales hunt? Up for the challenge of creating marketing campaigns? Then this sales position is for you! Our clients are travel destinations. For more information about DCI – visit www.aboutdci.com.
Job Description: This position based in Los Angeles will work on travel trade sales and marketing programs for travel destinations, reporting into the Managing Director of Travel Trade at DCI. Staffer will assist with sales calls (to increase sales of travel products among tour operators), in-person and webinar training (for travel and reservation agents), working trade and consumer show booths, facilitating co-op marketing campaigns with airlines and tour operators, supporting digital marketing, leading FAM tours and reporting success. Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree and 3 years of tourism industry experience.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in U.S.
- Driver’s license and driving required
- Willing to travel at least one week a month
- Experience working with tour operators and travel agents
- Enthusiasm for public speaking and training
- Highly detail oriented and able to prove it
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Language skills (other than English) should be noted on your resume
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “Los Angeles AM” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.