Development Counsellors International (DCI), an established New York City-headquartered marketing firm specializing in economic development and tourism marketing, is hiring a Quantitative Research Assistant. Ranked a “Best Places to Work” by Outside Magazine in 2018, DCI nurtures the leadership skills of young professionals through hands-on training and professional mentoring. Do you love working with large data sets? Does extracting interesting insights from surveys appeal to you? Do you want to understand how consumers and businesses impact places? If so, read on because this is the job for you.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting with industry and consumer surveys, from survey development (using Qualtrics) to preparation of final deliverables. Strong excel skills required to process large data sets and extract relevant findings.
- Development of client presentations summarizing key findings and insights from primary and secondary research.
- Assisting with the research and preparation of company briefings and reports for clients.
- Maintaining and updating internal and client datasets.
- Reviewing targeted industry publications and brief VP on key topics, including domestic and international investment trends and key trade and consumer travel trends, post findings to blog.
- Communicating with partners/account directors in support of thought leadership projects.
- Analyzing public and private company data while utilizing propriety models and processes to develop prospect lists for direct marketing purposes.
- Generating fresh ideas on research products and assist with implementation.
- BA/BS – An academic background in the social sciences preferred
- Recent MA/MS students encouraged to apply
- Statistics & research methods required
- Advanced Excel skills
- General research methods and web-based research skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and pride yourself on accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and independently.
- An analytical mindset and curiosity about the “why” behind trends
What we offer:
- Professional mentoring/development
- Hands on training
- Opportunity for advancement
- A competitive benefits and compensation package with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- 401k match
Place “Research Assistant” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for this position and resume by email to [email protected]
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for DCI.