Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have represented more than 500 places helping them to attract investors, visitors and talent.
Job Description: We’re looking for two marketing and public relations interns to work 30 hours/week in our Economic Development practice for the summer (May – Aug).
Our Internship Program offers college students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain unmatched marketing and public relations experience by working with diverse cities, states and countries.
The interns will be exposed to the public relations services that DCI provides to promote its client communities as great places to invest and live – including media relations and administrative account support.
While our past Interns have studied a variety of majors from public relations and journalism to business and psychology, these Interns have all shared similar qualities, including:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- An achiever mentality
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid research capabilities
- Prior internships or leadership experience at school
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
DCI’s Interns are viewed as members of our team. Our Economic Development Interns support our day-to-day client work while also participating in skills-building professional development sessions. Typical projects that Interns work on include:
- Conducting research for developing storylines and marketing materials
- Writing copy for press releases, pitches, blogs, etc.
- Discovering new journalists and outlets to pitch (building and updating media lists)
- Monitoring for community news and trends in national and local press
- Capturing and reporting on results to clients
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for press visits to client locations
In addition, our Interns have plenty of opportunities to participate in perks like in-office yoga, happy hours and periodic free lunches.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Internship program to email@example.com. Please write “summer Intern – NYC” in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will be asked for writing samples and three references.
This internship offers college credits and pays minimum wage at $15/hr.