Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have represented more than 500 places helping them to attract both investors and visitors. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” in 2018 – visit www.aboutdci.com.
Love storytelling? Always reading up on the latest news? Have a passion for places? Quick on your feet? Then this position is for you!
The Junior Publicist will support the development, implementation and analysis of public relations programs for economic development clients with the goal to promote the places that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and residents. You will work with a dedicated place marketing team to promote locations such as Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Charleston, South Carolina, Orlando, Florida, The Netherlands and more. Writing will be a core responsibility of this role and candidates with past writing, media relations, and/or marketing experience are preferred.
We are seeking applicants with a bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of professional experience in public relations, marketing, media or another communications-related field.
- Passion for researching story ideas, writing pitches and creating content
- Professional demeanor and confidence in speaking with media and clients
- Ability to explain complex topics and concepts through creative writing
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Extremely organized with an attention to detail
- Master of meeting deadlines and prioritizing multiple projects
- Experience in reporting and tracking media placements a plus
- Able to keep up with a fast-paced work environment
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Annual professional development and health & wellness budget
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- 401k match
To Apply: Place “Jr Pub” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.