Development Counsellors International (DCI), headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire a Public Relations & Marketing Account Manager (AM) to join our “place marketing” agency. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is currently seeking an Account Manager for our Economic Development marketing practice in our New York City office. In this role, the AM’s main goal is to help generate buzz, market and promote the cities, states and countries that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and talent attraction. The AM will achieve this goal primarily through media relations and placing stories in top-tier print, national and online media. The AM will have the ability to discuss marketing and campaign strategies with clients; monitor media coverage and report back to the client; and manage public perception of the client. S/he will have a prominent writing/editing role, which includes developing press releases, story pitches, byline articles and proposals. S/he will be responsible for cultivating relationships with influential contacts in the press. We are looking for a creative, high-achieving marketing professional who is strong in media relations, marketing and social/digital media, has excellent writing skills and can build client relationships. In addition, the AM will oversee a team of three professionals.
- 5+ years of PR or marketing experience required; prior agency experience preferred
- Strong writing capabilities
- Strong media relations and marketing skills across a variety of industries
- Track record of consistently placing articles in top-tier media on behalf of clients
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
- Strategic, creative thinker who can develop and execute integrated PR and marketing programs
- Solid experience in digital and social media marketing preferred
- Experience in successfully managing junior staff
- Ability to balance multiple clients, work on tight deadlines and have a drive for hitting goals
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel at least 1 week per month if required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- 401K-match plan
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “Account Manager” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected].