Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have represented more than 500 places helping them to attract both investors and visitors.
Job Description: We’re looking for a summer intern to join our Denver Economic Development practice (May – Aug) to work 30 hours/week. Our paid Internship Program offers both college students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain unmatched marketing and public relations experience by working with diverse cities, regions, states and countries. We offer our clients a variety of services – many of which our Interns are exposed to – including media relations, event planning, community branding, marketing blueprints, website development, social and digital media marketing and talent attraction, among others.
What We’re Looking For Our past Interns have included both undergraduate students and postgrads, who studied a variety of majors from public relations and journalism to business and psychology. However, these Interns have all shared similar qualities, including:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- An achiever mentality
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid research capabilities
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
- The ability to work 30 hours/week in our Denver office
Daily Life for a Public Relations Intern DCI’s Interns are viewed as members of our teams. Our Economic Development Interns support our day-to-day client work while also participating in skills-building Professional Development Sessions. Typical projects that Interns work on include:
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for press visits to client locations
- Providing support for client events
- Writing pitches and assisting with media correspondence
- Building media lists
- Conducting research on a variety of industries and across multiple projects
- Digital work, including drafting social media posts & writing blogs
In addition, our Interns have plenty of opportunities to participate in perks like our Health & Wellness program, which includes yoga and bootcamp in the park, as well as in-house happy hours and free lunches.
How to Apply
DCI pays Interns minimum wage and/or college credit. Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Internship program to Nancy Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place PR Internship-Denver in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be asked for writing samples and 3 references.