Company Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to join our Tourism Practice in New York. Our clients are travel destinations. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
The AAE will support the development, implementation and analysis of public relations programs for travel destinations. Buddies with top media? Quick on your feet? Love the challenge of finding a hook and thrill of landing a big hit? Then this position is for you!
- 1 year of PR experience at a public relations firm
- Passion for researching story ideas, writing pitches and creating digital content
- Confidence in pitching media on the phone and a track record of media placements
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in tracking media placements and reporting public relations success
- Impeccable organization
- Candidates with experience working with African-American media or fluent in Spanish should call this out in their cover letter
- BA/BS required
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Opportunities for professional advancement
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “AAE – Tourism” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected]