Development Counsellors International (DCI), a travel PR firm, is looking to hire a Tourism Public Relations Senior Account Executive to join our “place marketing” headquarters office, located in Union Square in New York City. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
Job Description: Senior Account Executive will lead media relations initiatives primarily for domestic U.S. travel destinations. If you love media relations strategy, are a strong presenter, can manage a team and are passionate about travel then this PR job is for you. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, agency experience and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
An ideal candidate will bring the following to the team:
- Strong, creative, AP-style writing an absolute must
- Established lifestyle and travel media contacts in the U.S.
- Track-record of successful media placement
- Ability to identify a unique story idea and either pitch and place story independently, or coach account team to pitch and place the story
- Ability to write a public relations strategy and present it in person to a client
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and lead a small team
- Impeccable organization; Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to juggle the needs of multiple clients
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Driver’s license required
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Candidates fluent in Spanish (spoken and written) should call this out in their cover letter
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Opportunities for professional advancement
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
To Apply: Place “NYC PR SAE” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected]