Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm, is looking to hire a Public Relations Account Coordinator (AC) to join our Tourism Practice in Toronto. Our clients are “destinations” which include cities, states, regions and countries. For more information about our mid-sized firm, visit www.aboutdci.com.
Job Description: The Public Relations AC will assist with media relations for the state tourism office of California. If you love writing and are well versed in CP style, have an eye for detail and are passionate about travel then this PR job is for you.
- We are seeking applicants with a bachelor’s degree and one year of media relations and/or communications experience.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in Canada
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Established knowledge of lifestyle media outlets in Canada
- MUST be an extremely strong writer and verbal communicator
- Knowledge of CP Style and understanding of best practices in public relations required
- Interest in event planning
- Impeccable organization and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of California an asset
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional training budget and opportunities for professional advancement
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Send resume + a cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI to firstname.lastname@example.org