Development Counsellors International (DCI), headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire a Public Relations & Marketing Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our “place marketing” agency. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is seeking an SAE for our Economic Development marketing practice in our New York City office. In this role, the SAE’s main goal is to help generate buzz, market and promote the places that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and talent attraction. The SAE will achieve this goal primarily through media relations and placing stories in top-tier print, national and online media. The SAE will have a prominent writing role, which includes developing press releases, story pitches, byline articles and proposals. S/he will be responsible for cultivating relationships with influential contacts in the press and supporting the lead media strategist on client storylines and messaging. The SAE will have the ability to discuss marketing and campaign strategies with clients; monitor media coverage and report back to the client; and manage public perception of the client. We are looking for a creative, high-achieving public relations and marketing professional who is strong in media relations, has excellent writing skills and can build client relationships.
- 3+ years of PR or marketing experience required; prior agency or economic development experience preferred
- Strong writing capabilities
- Strong media relations and marketing skills across a variety of industries
- Track record of media placements
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
- Strategic, creative thinker who can develop and execute integrated PR and marketing programs
- Experience in successfully managing junior staff
- Project management skills and the ability to balance multiple clients, work on tight deadlines
- Highly motivated individual and team player with a drive for hitting goals
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- 401k match
To Apply: Send a cover lever describing why you are a good fit and resume to Nancy Otten at
[email protected]. Please put “SAE-NYC” in the subject line of your e-mail.