Development Counsellors International (DCI), headquartered in New York City with offices in Denver, Los Angeles & Toronto, is looking to hire a Lead Generation Representative to join our “place marketing” agency in Denver’s fast-growing Platte Street/Highland area. For more information about DCI, a repeat winner of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work,” visit www.aboutdci.com.
Do you want to impact how communities grow? Are you interested in playing a role in creating jobs? Great! This is the role for you! Are you as motivated when someone tells you “no” as you are jubilant when they tell you “yes”? Do you see gate-keepers as a formidable challenge you enthusiastically accept (instead of a nuisance you’d rather avoid)? Does a messy contact database make your skin crawl? Now we’re talking…
The Lead Generation Representative reports to the VP of Paid Media and Lead Generation and is a resilient, self-starting, highly-motivated individual. Our dream candidate possesses intelligent persistence, a comfortable and confident presence on the phone, and the resourcefulness needed to reach decision-makers no matter the obstacle. You’re a people person that has an instinct for making others trust and like you almost instantly. But if you’ve never put this to the test and been held accountable for delivering qualified leads, then this job isn’t for you.
Be prepared to spend at least 25-30 hours per week (that’s upwards of six hours per day) prospecting and qualifying leads either by phone or email to generate qualified meeting activity for our client sales teams. You love a good hunt! You’ll be speaking with C-Suite executives at small, medium and Fortune 500-sized firms, as well as site selection consultants.
- Upwards of 75% of the role will be cold calling, although we’re transitioning to “smart calling.” As you make mass email and phone outreach, help us improve what this means and utilize new tools for efficiency.
- Research executive contact information for target prospects using Google, LinkedIn, DiscoverOrg, Salesforce, and other related software & services.
- Connect with Site Selection Consultants, who advise companies on their location decisions, and help prepare for various consultant-oriented events (outreach, reporting and briefings; not direct event management) on behalf of clients.
- Learn about the client communities you’ll be representing as if you’re an extension of their team…because you are. If you can’t geek out on business and economics, this relationship won’t work.
- Serve as client lead on the agency’s Account-Based Marketing (ABM) accounts. You will not be generating leads for DCI, but for our clients.
- Set up and execute qualification calls with prospects, ensuring mutual understanding of each prospect’s situation, problems, and needs.
- Collaborate with DCI’s paid media team, who will support your ABM efforts with relevant content and narrow prospect targeting.
- Be an ongoing contributor to the development and execution of various marketing and lead generation initiatives to increase client deliverables.
- Update and manage Salesforce records, active campaigns and monthly reports for clients on a regular basis.
- Comfort with a high call volume sales environment (aka mental toughness) and the ability to quickly connect with prospects via phone.
- Excellent verbal and written communications that are clear and persuasive, with strong attention to detail.
- High-energy, persistent; someone who sees rejection as a challenge, not defeat.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (or similar CRM).
- Flexibility and creativity. Our subject matter is different, so what works with this audience is also different. Come with solutions!
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude. We’re building an integrated team, so you’ll be invited to contribute early and often.
- 2-3 years of proven work experience in a high-volume cold calling role for sales, business development and/or lead generation. Experience working with multiple clients and/or an agency is preferred.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects for diverse clients while meeting deadlines and maintaining work quality.
- Someone who can work independently, reliably, and consistently, but is also able to collaborate.
- Knowledge and experience of the B2B sales/business development world are a must.
- Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Work from home one day a week
- Paid time off to “do good” as part of DCI Cares
- 401k match
Place “Lead Generation Representative” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to [email protected].