Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm headquartered in New York City with regional offices in Denver, Los Angeles and Toronto, is looking to hire an Influencer Marketing Manager to join the Digital Team at our “place marketing” agency in NYC. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
As an Influencer Marketing Manager, you will lead a range of content marketing and influencer partnerships and are accountable for working with our account teams on successful long and short-form campaigns. This is your opportunity to work with a talented team to create and manage innovative and creative content as well as strategic influencer partnerships. You will work on both B2B and B2C client accounts, leading and supporting content and influencer strategy, managing and mentoring a small team.
A Little Bit About You:
- You have worked on influencer campaigns from start to finish including negotiations + reporting with data and analytics.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments while understanding the importance of checking (and rechecking) on the details.
- You’re the grammar queen or king in your circle of friends. No unwarranted comma goes unnoticed.
- You have a creative eye and can create a visually stunning Instagram story series in less than 10 minutes. You may have dabbled with Tik Tok and in a past or current life, have a blog (share it with us!).
- If we were to scroll through your Instagram followers, we’d see that you are already following some of the top influencers across various niches, from mommy bloggers to fitness accounts to travel influencers, you have an eye on influencer content.
- You have a passion for places. You love exploring the world (or your own backyard), meeting new people, engaging in local and authentic experiences and uncovering the interesting and uniqueness of places you visit.
What You’ll Be Doing at DCI
You will manage 5-7 content marketing campaigns at any given point in time, depending on the complexity of the campaign focusing on the following areas:
- Vetting and qualifying relevant influencers based on the campaign requirements and client preferences across tourism/travel, talent attraction, lifestyle and economic development clients. This includes influencer outreach to gauge each influencer’s interest, availability and partnership fees.
- You’ll be expected to build relationships with influencers/content creators and ensure all partnership requirements have been met.
- Oversee the strategy as well as the copywriting and content creation for clients and the agency.
- Oversee and implement the measurement of the performance of client and agency campaigns and translate data into reporting that is digestible and actionable for clients and team members.
- Work with account teams, gt543 marketing analytics, SEO, creative services team members and various stakeholders to help meet business goals and objectives.
- Participate in status meetings, client meetings and client calls, with the expectation that you will facilitate portions of the meetings as it relates to the campaigns you lead
- Monitor both client and agency budgets, including oversight of campaign costs.
- As you grow in this role, we’ll expect for you to research and recommend new digital marketing ideas to expand current clients.
Team Collaboration and Thought Leadership:
- Work with the Senior Manager of Content and Social Media to continually identify and develop internal best practices.
- Lead trainings for internal staff on digital influencer campaigns, content creation and social media best practices
- Collaborate with teams across the agency to provide insights, industry’s best practices, digital knowledge and understanding of platform capabilities to keep DCI’s approach to content above industry standards.
- This position will have two direct reports to start. You’ll be expected to allocate elements of projects to your team, and work closely to ensure your team members are delivering on time and high quality results.
- 3-5 years of professional experience including previous experiencing managing junior staff; ideally, some of this time will include agency experience
- Experience with influencer partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Strong presentation skills
- Travel/tourism/hospitality industry experience or knowledge a plus
- High attention to detail and a penchant for organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics. A plus if you’re certified!
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Personal and more importantly, professional experience creating content and managing campaigns on social media platforms and content management tools
- Working knowledge of HTML-coding and WordPress environments
- Works well under pressure and is capable of remaining focused despite rapidly changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- BA/BS degree
Salary, benefits and perks:
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Professional mentoring/development budget
- After one year at the agency, we’ll pay your expenses to work out of one of our other offices for up to a week (annually) to foster cross agency collaboration.
- Flexible start times and summer hours program (Free Fridays!)
- Work from home one day a week once eligible
- Opportunity to travel for work (as client assignments permit) and with our agency’s comp day program, we encourage you stay an extra day on your own to explore
- 401k match program
Is this Gig for You?
Send us a note telling us why you’re a right fit for the job, highlighting your influencer and/or content marketing experience you have and including how you discovered your passion for places. Bonus points for sharing a few of your favorite influencers that you currently follow or links to previous campaign work.
Place “Influencer Marketing Manager” in subject line and attach a copy of your resume by email to [email protected].