Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have worked with more than 500 cities, regions, states and countries, helping them attract both investors and visitors. We specialize exclusively in all phases of economic development and tourism marketing. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” in 2018 – visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is currently seeking a seasoned public relations Account Executive (AE) for our Economic Development Practice in our New York office. In this role, the AE’s main objectives are to help generate buzz, market and promote the places that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and for residents. The AE will achieve this goal primarily through media relations and placing stories in top-tier print, national and online media. The AE will have a prominent writing role, which includes developing press releases, story pitches and byline articles. S/he will be responsible for cultivating relationships with influential contacts in the press. In addition, the AE will monitor media coverage and be responsible for writing activity reports.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, creative, high-achieving marketing professional who is a strong writer, has a track record working with the media and thrives in a fast paced work environment.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of PR experience required; prior agency experience strongly preferred
- Strong media relations and marketing skills across a variety of industries
- Experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong writing capabilities
- Solid track record of placing articles in top-tier and trade media on behalf of clients
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
- Strategic, creative thinker who can develop and execute integrated PR and marketing programs
- Ability to balance multiple clients, work on tight deadlines and have a drive for hitting goals
- A self-starter willing to hit the ground running
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel
- BA or BS in Economics, Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- 401-K plan
- Ongoing health and wellness programs
- Professional training budget and opportunities for professional advancement
- Creative, healthy, collaborative culture in NYC’s Union Square
To Apply: Send a resume + cover lever describing why you are a good fit to Nancy Otten at email@example.com. Please put “NYC – AE Resume” in the subject line of your e-mail.