Coaching and Developing Your ED Rockstars Panel
January 28, 2019
Moderator: Julie Curtin, President of Economic Development, Development Counsellors International, Denver, CO
- Joan Jorgenson, President & CEO, Jorgenson Consulting, Jupiter, FL
- Daniel Silverman, Executive Vice President, Investment Attraction, Toronto Global, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Managers and leaders are critical to the success of a business, and so are effective coaching skills. Consistent coaching helps with employee onboarding and retention, performance improvement, skill improvement, and knowledge transfer. On top of these benefits, coaching others is an effective method for reinforcing and transferring learning. While there are many important leadership skills and competencies, coaching is central to improving the performance of entire teams.
- How to identify and recruit ED Rockstars
- What are the core competencies and skills of an ED Rockstar
- Are your best ED Rockstars being overlooked as a result of implicit bias
- What are the best coaching and training ideas for developing ED Rockstars
Speed Sessions – Each Speed Session will be offered from 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. and from 4:55 to 5:40 p.m., allowing attendees to attend two different sessions during the 100-minute time frame.