A Look Back: Wonderful DCI Memories of 2015
December 31, 2015
As the year draws to a close, our DCI team took time to reflect upon some of the personal and professional milestones we experienced in the previous twelve months. (Special props to readers who notice the theme of our memories.) What a great year it was!
Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It):
- This summer, Rebecca Gehman got engaged to Peter. She thought they were headed to karaoke, but ended up at the set of her favorite childhood movie: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (otherwise known as The Plaza Hotel). He proposed!
- Naureen Kazi said “YES” to Ramon on a lovely September day at the Van Vleck House & Gardens in Montclair, NJ!
- Not to be outdone, Kristyna Bronner moved to Manhattan, started working at DCI, got engaged to Zach, got a beagle and ran her first 10k!
When You Believe:
- Malcolm Griffith finally obtained his U.S. Green Card after seven years of pursuit, three visa applications and 34 letters of recommendation!
Adventure of a Lifetime:
- During the year of the Armenian Genocide Centennial, Pam Balakian traveled to Turkey with her family to trace her Armenian roots and honor her heritage.
- Derek Byrne graduated from college in Texas, landed a job in the Big Apple, and managed to take a dream trip to Ireland.
- No more ski school for the Curtin clan – Julie Curtin’s four kids all joined mom on the slopes for the first time ever!
- Kelsey Fox took her life to new heights by hiking her first fourteener (a mountain exceeding 14,000 feet) and jumping out of a plane.
- Daniel Guerrero realized his dream of hiking the world’s driest desert, Chile’s Atacama!
- This October, Carrie Nepo ran her first marathon, the Chicago Marathon!
- Both Laura Cyrille and Hanna Porterfield were promoted to AAE and AE respectively, and ran their first 10ks through DCI’s Health & Wellness Program.
- Kiara Concepcion was promoted to Senior Staff Accountant and served Thanksgiving meals to others through DCI’s Give Back Program.
- Rachel Deloffre got promoted to Account Supervisor. The promotion came with her very own Merida doll from the movie Brave, to match her brave spirit and bright red hair.
- Megan McHale was promoted to SAE and then officially retired her “Queens girl” status by moving across the East River to Hell’s Kitchen.
We hope 2015 was good to you as well. Wishing everyone a happy holiday season and a prosperous new year!
* This blog post was written in part by George Cannon, who hails from the U.S. Virgin Islands but made his way to DCI’s NY office this past June.