Meeting Planners Tell AllOctober 13, 2015
DCI Releases 2nd Edition of
“A View from Meeting Planners: Winning Strategies in Destination Marketing”
What does the path to purchase look like for meeting planners when they are looking for their next meeting location? What are the best marketing and sales tactics for destination marketing organizations (DMOs) to deploy in order to build a favorable image among meeting planners?
“A View from Meetings Planners: Winning Strategies in Destination Marketing” – a survey of more than 200 corporate, association and third party meeting planners – was released this week by Development Counsellors International. This study analyzes the perceptions of meeting planners in the United States, who are the key decision makers selecting where corporate and association meetings will be held worldwide.
Click here to download a full report on the survey findings and learn:
- Most and least favorable destinations for business events
- Most helpful international and domestic destination marketing organizations (DMOs)/convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs)
- Best marketing techniques for DMOs to build positive perceptions among meeting planners
- The industry trade shows and conferences most attended by meeting professionals
- How planners learn about new destinations
This 2nd edition study has been called “an invaluable resource for DMOs/CVBs to learn about what works and what doesn’t in destination marketing” in the business events space.