About Rebecca Gehman
Since joining DCI in 2012, Rebecca has played a pivotal role in content creation, media relations and marketing strategy work for clients across the globe. In addition to executing a wide range of programs, she has had the opportunity to work directly with top “place” leaders—including two presidents, two governors and four mayors (and counting). Whether it’s the Netherlands or Charleston, South Carolina, Rebecca’s creativity and curiosity helps clients deliver their message through social media or in the Wall Street Journal.
Rebecca’s Passion for Places
Rebecca believes the best way to explore a new place is through your stomach – naturally her favorite places to visit are the Philippines and the South. When she doesn’t have a chance to visit, she eats vicariously through restaurant reviews and travel shows (she’s watched every episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations”—all nine delicious seasons).
- When Goya announced their expansion in New Jersey, Rebecca saw a prime opportunity to tell the story of the Garden State’s relatively unknown food industry. The result? A nearly full-page feature in The New York Times Square Feet section titled, “With Affordable Space, New Jersey Lures Food Businesses,” secured on behalf of her client, Choose New Jersey.
- To promote Orlando’s “You Don’t Know the Half of It” branding campaign, Rebecca organized a New York City media tour with Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs, securing appointments with Bloomberg, The Street, FOX Business and The New York Times .
- Rebecca developed the Dutch Digital Ambassador program for the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency to share the good news from the Netherlands through social media advocates. Within the first year of launching, the program garnered 200+ users.
The best people are from New Jersey—Bruce Springsteen, Queen Latifah and Rebecca Gehman. Rebecca loves constantly learning about new places for food, music and nature in the Garden State, and defending its misunderstood quirks to naysayers.
Where You’ll Find Rebecca On the Weekend
A lover of live music, Rebecca has spent many a night in the front row of rock, reggae and EDM concerts. Rebecca highly recommends crowd-surfing.
Places that Rebecca Has Called Home
Montclair, New Jersey
New York, New York
Surprising Facts about Rebecca
Scout’s Honor: Rebecca followed in the footsteps of her two brothers by becoming a Boy Scout—yes, Boy Scout. She served as a Boy Scouts of America Venturing Crew President, leading the co-ed group through hikes, canoe treks and trail building.
Karaoke Queen: Despite being tone deaf, Rebecca is happily at home at the mic in a karaoke bar. She tries to meet her monthly karaoke quota and even keeps of lengthy list of “Karaoke Songs to Sing.”
Feminist Focused: Rebecca is passionate about raising awareness of women’s issues (which are everyone’s issues…you all have a mother). As a volunteer, she brought the Manhattan District Attorney to speak at Fordham University’s Take Back the Night, and produced a total of 11 productions of the Vagina Monologues to raise money for global campaigns to end violence against women.
Recent Blog Posts
- What Your Location Should Really Be Talking About to Attract Talent
- Lessons from World Travel Market: Trade Show Do’s and Don’ts
- Biggest Misperceptions when Marketing to Millennials
- What You Need to Know About Attracting Tech Talent
- Top Streaming TV Shows for Economic Developers
- Strategic or SPAM? Quick Tips for Economic Development E-Newsletters
- Looking for an Award-Worthy Campaign? Get Inspired by These IEDC-Winners
- The Rising Importance of Video in Economic Development