Revitalizing Raleigh's Destination Brand
Your team did a terrific job in identifying our brand and it is one that the entire community can and will embrace. Some of the best work I have seen since I’ve been in this business.
Seeking to re-address their destination’s brand strategy, the Greater Raleigh Convention & Visitors Bureau (GRCVB) approached DCI to implement a Marketing Blueprint project that delivered research and strategic brand consulting.
The DCI Strategy
DCI implemented internal and external research, including consumer and competitor analyses, to arrive at key findings. Results of this phase were then applied against existing brand strategy with precision to arrive at the development of a Marketing Blueprint for Raleigh.
- A discovery phase included 20 C-suite and management level stakeholder in-person interviews.
- 1,000 consumers, 50 meeting planners and 675 media from key markets were surveyed as part of discovery; a competitor analysis was conducted.
- A revised brand positioning, promise, value proposition, key messages and target audiences were developed.
- “Raleigh, N.C.,” the official destination name was recommended.
- A material review of 24 key marketing vehicles used by GRCVB was completed.
- A Brand Strategy Manual was developed to guide the organization’s brand marketing.
- A Marketing Blueprint, which included recommendations for local and industry engagement, market engagement and measurement, was delivered.