Stealing The Spotlight For North Carolina
“DCI effectively integrated public relations into our marketing efforts, increasing visitor arrivals to North Carolina by 30% in three years.”
North Carolina sought to increase overnight arrivals from out of state visitors, while expanding the seasonal and geographic spread of travelers.
The DCI Strategy
Launched a dual pronged public relations campaign that leveraged pop culture to boost brand recognition of North Carolina tourism experiences, while creating price-point promotions to motivate consumers to “book now.”
- Leveraged films shot in North Carolina including Dirty Dancing, The Hunger Games and Safe Haven to drive consumer interest.
- Developed North Carolina Beer Month which boosted arrivals nearly 4% during April.
- Secured strategic print and online media placements in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine, The New York Times, Parents, Southern Living, the Washington Post and broadcast coverage on CBS This Morning, GMA Live, OK!TV, PBS and The TODAY Show.
- Generated 1.7 billion consumer impressions (valued at $25.4 million+ in direct advertising equivalency) in three years.
- Domestic visitor arrivals grew 30% in three years.
- Visitor spending North Carolina reached an all-time high in 2014, tallying more than $21.32 billion.