Nation’s Most Extraordinary Economic Development Website
DCI’s ability to listen and collaborate is truly what sets this firm apart. There was a real openness and willingness to do what was right for the state, and the DCI team was able to interpret our strong vision for our brand and bring it to life. The result is just awesome.
With one of the nation’s top business climates, but also one of its most lackluster websites, the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade turned to DCI to create an online presence via ChooseColorado.com that would not only continue to serve as a resource hub for relevant audiences, but also a source of inspiration.
The DCI Strategy
Focus on storytelling through the use of visuals and a strong voice, while maintaining the integrity and backbone of an economic development website by keeping data and statistics top of mind.
- Built a responsive, mobile-first, geo-targeted website with pixel-perfect imagery, industry-specific success stories and dozens of downloads and quick links.
- Re-wrote and uploaded all the copy for the entire website with the state’s new brand voice and personality in mind.
- Sourced more than 150 images and logos from state resources and company photo libraries to ensure that all photos used were Colorado-centric.
- Created and storyboarded 15 videos to use as the marquee visuals on the landing page and 14 industry profiles.
- Developed a robust content management system using open-source WordPress
- Built CMS-linked bar graphs and pie charts with software that allows the client to update rankings, stats and other key figures without the need for designer/developer support.
- Launched site to rave reviews.