Development Counsellors International (DCI) is looking to hire a Senior Account Executive to join our Business Events team within our Tourism Practice in Toronto. DCI was named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” in 2014 and 2016.
This position will lead development and implementation of business events sales and marketing programs for travel destinations. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of sales experience in the business events segment (conventions and/or meetings & incentives) and experience working with destination marketing organizations; agency experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the meetings & conventions industry and the ability to craft, present and defend a marketing strategy to clients
- Proof of established relationships with meeting planners in the U.S. and Canada, and success in landing business events business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of Salesforce.com and Cvent
- Experience organizing sales calls and site inspection trips
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks per month if required
- Excellent business writing skills and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing and 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the meetings & conventions industry
- Experience working at a convention bureau/tourism board is a plus
- Fluency in either French and/or Spanish is a plus but not required
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management system that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- 401K-match program
- Annual professional development and health & wellness budget
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “SAE – Toronto” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to email@example.com.