Job Description: We’re looking for a public relations and marketing intern to work 30 hrs/week (January – June) in our economic development division, which helps market countries, cities, states, and regions as top locations for business investment and to live, work and play.
Our internship program offers college students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain unmatched public relations and marketing experience by working with diverse places including the Netherlands, Michigan, Orlando, and Charleston among other locations.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on and learn more about a variety of DCI services including media relations, social and digital media marketing, copywriting, marketing strategies, and creative campaigns, among others.
While our past interns have studied a variety of majors from public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, business, and international relations, they have all shared similar qualities, including:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- Solid research capabilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- An achiever mentality
- Prior internship experience
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
- A passion for places
DCI’s interns are viewed as members of our team. Typical projects that interns work on include:
- Traditional PR writing for media pitches, press releases, talking points, etc.
- Digital copywriting and content creation for websites, blogs, e-newsletters, and social media
- Researching editorial opportunities, journalist contacts and media lists
- Coordinating logistics, background materials and providing support for press trips, media tours and other special projects
- Conducting research on a variety of industries and across multiple clients and projects
- Brainstorming new storylines, marketing campaigns
- Supporting team with reporting on monthly activities for all clients
In addition, our interns have plenty of opportunities to participate in perks like in-office yoga and happy hours.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the internship program to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “PR & Marketing Intern – NYC” in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will be asked for writing samples and 3 letters of recommendation.
DCI pays interns minimum wage and/or college credit. The position requires a commitment of 30 hrs/week.