Development Counsellors International (DCI) is looking to hire a senior-level executive experienced in destination marketing to play an active role in contributing to the strategy and execution of integrated public relations initiatives for international travel destinations. This position is responsible for overseeing the public relations team, leading multiple accounts and developing strategic communications plans that advance client business objectives. Successful candidates will have a creative and collaborative team-oriented approach with a solid understanding of our company goals and values. If you are knowledgeable about Canadian travel trends and are highly creative, with a passion for PR, media relations and social media, we’d love to talk to you!
- Serve as owner of client relationships, providing leadership, strategic counsel and overall shepherding of PR accounts
- Maintain a strategic view of clients’ business and set key performance indicators that align with client business goals
- Oversee the PR team and monitor progress on assigned projects to ensure tactical execution is in line with objectives
- Leads new business development initiatives
- Manage and motivate the PR team including providing mentorship, outlining professional development plans, and conducting reviews
- Provide creative, strategic insight in the development of newsworthy events, campaigns and promotions that break through the clutter
- Oversee a wide range of media outreach activities with measurable results for clients
- Pitch and maintain relationships with top-tier media at the national, regional and local level
- Oversee the development of PR plans, pitches, interview memos and press releases
- Strong storytelling capabilities and a deep understanding of what is newsworthy
- Utilize social media to engage with media/influencers and provide industry thought leadership
- Participate and lend expertise to new business development, actively seeking and securing accounts for the agency
- Manage development and maintenance of budgets and staff utilization
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 12 years experience in the public relations field, agency experience required
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience of Canadian travel trends and translating them to program implications
- Demonstrated national media pitching experience, consumer/lifestyle media preferred
- Has a can-do attitude – thrives on the demands of a busy office with enthusiasm, high energy and a determination to deliver top class work
- Assist client and senior agency leaders with client issues management and crisis communications.
- Manage integration with clients’ other agency partners.
- Proven ability to manage long-term client accounts, including tracking internal budgets and profitability
- Outstanding writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and grow a high-performing team
- Up to 50% travel
- Bilingual desired (English/French)
- Canadian citizen or have all necessary approvals to live/work in Canada
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional development budget
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “Director” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to email@example.com.
About DCI: Development Counsellors International is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have worked with more than 450 countries, regions, states and cities around the world to drive tourism arrivals and investment leads. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” in 2016 – visit www.aboutdci.com.