Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm headquartered in New York City, is looking for a U.S.-based freelance publicist (independent contractor; not a company) to work with our tourism account teams to conduct proactive media outreach (email and telephone) to fill media tours and press trips and to secure feature editorial coverage. Our clients are “places” – cities, states, regions and countries.
- Applicants must be incorporated or hold an EIN
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Excellent customer service ethics and high expectations for quality.
- Minimum 8 years of tourism PR (media relations) experience.
- Liaise with account teams to understand client needs
- Booking media tours
- Filling press trips
- Developing feature stories/segments in print and broadcast outlets
To Apply: Place “Freelance Publicist” in subject line. Send resume and hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.