Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm, is looking to hire a junior-level destination marketing associate to join our Tourism Practice in Toronto.
Love to travel? Strong writer? Up for the challenge of creating integrated consumer and b-to-b marketing campaigns? Then this position is for you!
Job Description: This destination marketer position based in Toronto will assist in the development, implementation and analysis of destination marketing and public relations programs for the U.S. state of California.
Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree and up to one 1 year of work experience in PR or marketing (extensive internships in PR or marketing also applicable).
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Exceptional writer
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Understanding of best practices in public relations and marketing
- Interest in event planning
- Interest in learning about B2B marketing (working with the travel trade such as tour operators and travel agents)
- Must be willing to travel (at least one week a month)
- Must have a G drivers license
- Personal experience traveling or living in California a plus
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
To Apply: Place “Canada” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.