Buddies with top media? Super strong writer? Passionate about pitching? Then this position is for you! Our clients are travel destinations.
Job Description: This account manager position based in New York will lead the development, implementation and analysis of consumer and travel trade PR programs for travel destinations. Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree and 5-6 years of tourism/hospitality public relations experience.
- Exceptionally creative, AP-style writer
- Strong understanding of media strategy and the ability to craft, present and defend a media strategy to a client
- Proof of established relationships with print and broadcast contacts in the U.S. and success in landing high-profile media placements
- Experience in managing workflow and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks per month if required
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Competitive salary, based on experience, plus bonuses
- Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
- Medical/dental coverage
- 401K-match plan
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
Place “AM Tourism” in subject line. Send cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.