DCI is currently seeking a public relations Account Executive (AE) for our Economic Development Division in our New York office. In this role, the AE’s main objectives are to help generate buzz, market and promote the places that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and attraction. The AE will achieve this goal primarily through media relations and placing stories in top-tier print, national and online media. The AE will have a prominent writing role, which includes developing press releases, story pitches and byline articles. S/he will be responsible for cultivating relationships with influential contacts in the press. In addition, the AE will monitor media coverage and be responsible for writing activity reports.
The AE will have some existing experience executing digital and/or social media programs, and is eager to learn and improve his/her experience in this area.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, creative, high-achieving marketing professional who is a strong writer, has a track record working with the media, and thrives in a fast paced working environment.
• Minimum of 3 years of PR experience required; prior agency experience preferred
• Solid experience in digital marketing and social media preferred
• Strong writing capabilities
• Strong media relations and marketing skills across a variety of industries
• Solid track record of placing articles in top-tier and trade media on behalf of clients
• Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
• Strategic, creative thinker who can develop and execute integrated PR and marketing programs
• Ability to balance multiple clients, work on tight deadlines and have a drive for hitting goals
• Working knowledge of Power Point & Excel
• BA or BS in Economics, Business, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Unique “open book” management system with performance-based incentive program
• Medical/dental coverage
• 401-K plan
• Ongoing health and wellness programs
• Professional training budget and opportunities for professional advancement
• Creative, healthy, collaborative culture in NYC’s Union Square
To Apply: Send a cover lever describing why you are a good fit and resume to Nancy Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “AE Resume” in the subject line of your e-mail.