We are seeking applicants to fill TWO newly created Account Coordinator roles in our economic development division, which helps market countries, cities, states, and regions as top locations for business investment and to live, work and play.
The Account Coordinator will work with diverse places both nationally and internationally by supporting the development, implementation and analysis of public relations programs. The role will work on and support a variety of DCI services including media relations, social and digital media marketing, copywriting, marketing strategies, and creative campaigns, among others.
- Write media pitches, press releases, talking points, etc.
- Assist with digital copy writing and content creation for websites, blogs, e-newsletters, and social media
- Research editorial opportunities, journalist contacts, media lists, as well as a variety of industries across multiple clients and projects
- Coordinate logistics, background materials and providing support for press trips, media tours and other special projects
- Brainstorm new storylines and marketing campaigns, present ideas on own and participate in group meetings
- Support team with reporting on monthly activities for all clients
We are seeking entry level applicants with a bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of public relations, social/digital media or marketing experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- Solid research capabilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- An achiever mentality
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
- Able to keep up with a fast-paced agency environment
- Internship experience in public relations or marketing is a must
- A passion for places
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Competitive salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Annual professional development and health & wellness budget
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- 401k match
Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Account Coordinator position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “New York AC” in the subject line.