Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have represented more than 450 places helping them to attract both investors and visitors.
Job Description: We’re looking for a part-time intern to join our NYC Economic Development practice for Fall 2016 (August/September-December).
Our part-time, paid Internship Program offers both college students the opportunity to gain unmatched marketing and public relations experience by working with diverse cities, regions, states and countries including the Netherlands, Texas, San Diego, Phoenix, Columbus and Charleston, among other locations.
So what is place marketing? Simply put, our Economic Development practice works with communities to position them as great places for business investment.
We offer clients a variety of services – many of which our Interns are exposed to – including media relations, community branding, marketing blueprints, website development, social and digital media marketing and talent attraction, among others.
What We’re Looking For:
While our past Interns have studied a variety of majors from public relations and journalism to business and psychology, these Interns have all shared similar qualities, including:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- An achiever mentality
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid research capabilities
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
- The ability to work full-time in our offices in New York City
Daily Life for an Economic Development Intern:
DCI’s Interns are viewed as members of our teams. Our Economic Development Interns support our day-to-day client work while also participating in skills-building Professional Development Sessions. Typical projects that Interns work on include:
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for press visits to client locations
- Providing on-the-ground support for NYC-based client events
- Writing copy, including for press releases, media advisories, etc.
- Building media lists
- Conducting research on a variety of industries and across multiple projects
In addition, our Interns have plenty of opportunities to participate in perks like our Health & Wellness program, which includes barre and spin classes, as well as in-house happy hours and frequent free lunches.
DCI pays Interns a competitive stipend and/or college credit. The position is part-time (20 hours/week) and is in our offices in New York City.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Internship program to email@example.com. Please indicate the session and city for which you are applying in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will be asked for writing samples and a letter of recommendation. A phone and/or in-person interview is also required.